FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Questions Regarding the Venture Capital Program? See Below.
Eligibility: Individuals who meet ONE of the following:
- Entering an MBA, MS, JD, PhD, or a comparable graduate program in the Fall or
- Currently in graduate school or completing their graduate studies, or
- Individuals with a few years of experience (preferably in startups or finance) looking to transition into a career in vc
Candidate should have a strong interest in learning about the venture capital industry and a passion for start-up technology companies.
What does the summer entail?
- Placement with a partner investment fund (can also be shared time with one of their portfolio companies)
- Summer Project
- A substantial deep dive project of interest to the Fellow and a portfolio company or the VC fund–e.g. landscape analysis of a new sector or trend or market
- Professional development sessions each Friday for all Fellows
- Networking opportunities
- Final presentation
What are the different options for Placements in the summer?
This year we are piloting a partnership with a handful of mission-aligned VC funds who will each host two summer fellows. The partner funds are either:
General Partners: Managers of capital who invest in technology startups.
Limited Partners: Allocators of capital who invest in Venture Capital Funds.
In addition to a fund placement, a few fellows will be staffed on a smart cities initiative. There is a designation field in the application for this placement. This is a collaborative effort involving four Kapor Capital portfolio companies spanning climate, payments and workforce development.
Is this internship remote, hybrid or in-person?
We are closely monitoring public health updates and will inform candidates as we come to a decision.
Currently, Fellows can be placed with partner funds in either the Bay Area or New York City. Many partner funds have a hybrid working environment. We anticipate programming to include both a mix of virtual meetings and in person events.
Ready to apply?
Interested in applying for our Kapor Fellows: Venture Capital Program?
Companies interested in hosting a Fellow, connect with us here.